One Belt One Road Time Line
One Belt One Road Initiative Time Line covers infrastructure projects, political and military tensions and etc.
Major events of One Belt One Road Initiative
- (MM,DD), 2008: Chinese state-owned company COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) acquired the operating license of Pier II for a period of 30 years (later expanded to 35 years), in concert with the permission to built another pier, Pier III
- November 1, 2008: China and Myanmar agreed to build a US$1.5 billion oil pipeline
- December 25, 2008: CNPC signs contract with Daewoo to purchase natural gas from the Shwe gas field
- April 30, 2009: World Bank approved today a US$ 2.125 billion loan for the Kazakhstan South-West Roads Project
- May 1, 2010: First Greek Bankrupcy Bail-Out
- June 12, 2012: Burma Gas Pipeline Complete but Cites China Delays
- June 12, 2008: Burma Gas Pipeline Complete but Cites China Delays
- September 7, 2013: President Xi’s Speech at Kazakhstan’s Nazarbayev University
- October 1, 2013: President Xi proposed building a close-knit China-ASEAN community and offered guidance on constructing a 21st Century Maritime Silk Road to promote maritime cooperation.
- August 6, 2014: China-Myanmar joint pipeline starts delivering gas
- April 20, 2015: Pakistan and China signed an agreement to commence work on the $46 billion agreement
- April 6, 2016: COSCO acquires 67 percent stake in Pier I
- January 1, 2016: Asian Infra Bank in business.
- June 1, 2016: COSCO acquires controlling stake in port of Piraeus
- November 8, 2017: Canada’s liberal party to join AIIB faces opposition
- December 6, 2017: China eyes Elefsina port investment in Greece
- December 12, 2017: China halts funding for three CPEC projects
- December 20, 2017: Prime Minister David Cameron taking on a role as Vice Chairman
- December 26, 2017: China flags the possible Afghanistan inclusion in CPEC.
- January 9, 2018: China plans to build offshore naval base in Pakistan’s Gwadar Port
- January 12, 2018: Myanmar’s Suu Kyi says army admission on killings a positive step
One belt one road time line tracks news New Eurasian Landbridge, China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, ChinaCental AsiaWest AsiaCorrido, China-Mongolia-Russia Corridor, China-Bangladesh-India Corridor, China-Indochina Corridor and maritime silk road daily.
China, the USA and the world’s oil and gas