World Politics Time Line 2017
- January 20, 2017: Trump took office as the 45th President, and Pence as the 48th Vice President.
- Feb 1, 2017: Rex Tillerson nominated as 69th United States Secretary of State
- March 1, 2017: ISIL video threatens China with ‘rivers of bloodshed’
- June 21, 2017: Alwaleed bin Talal pledges loyalty to new Saudi Crown Prince: Twitter account
- June 27, 2017: 2017 cyberattacks on Ukraine
- Sept 3, 2017: N.Korea’s Sept. 3 nuclear test
- Oct 6, 2017: Iran nuclear deal should be preserved: Russia
- Oct 10, 2017: Punggye-ri nuclear site collapse, leaves 200 dead
- Oct 13, 2017: Trump: US will quit Iran deal without Congress
- Oct 26, 2017: Third meeting of the Lima Group: The foreign ministers and representatives of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay and Peru gathered in Toronto on October 26, 2017, to continue their evaluation of the situation in Venezuela.
- Nov 4, 2017: Trump Tweet: Would very much appreciate Saudi Arabia doing their IPO of Aramco with the New York Stock Exchange. Important to the United States!
- Nov 24, 2017: Venezuela expels top Brazil and Canada diplomats
- Nov 29. 2017:The Hwasong-15 soared 4,475 kilometers (2,800 miles) in the sky, spending 53 minutes in the air, before splashing down in waters off the coast of Japan, North Korea said. The figures tallied with estimates released by Japan and South Korea.
- Dec 3, 2017: KEPCO expected to be preferred bidder for UK
- Dec 5, 2017: Saudis Slash Oil Price To Save U.S. Market Share
- Dec 6, 2017:President Trump officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and ordered the State Department to begin planning for the relocation of the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Dec 6, 2017:Korea Electric Power Corp has been selected as preferred bidder for the Toshiba subsidiary that’s planning to build a nuclear power station in the UK.
- Dec 13, 2017: Canada Arms Sales approval to Ukraine
- Dec 13, 2017: Egypt’s $30 billion nuclear deal with Russia signed
- Dec 14, 2017:UK and Japan Security deal: The United Kingdom will send two Royal Navy warships, HMS Argyll and HMS Sutherland, to the Asia-Pacific region in 2018. It will also deploy British personnel to join military training on the Japanese mainland.
- Dec 18, 2017: US Report: North Korea Is Behind WannaCry
- Dec 21, 2017: Japan to export safer nuclear reactor to Poland
- Dec 24, 2017: Kazakhstan delays uranium supply to Iran pending approval of world powers
- Dec 26, 2017: Brazil expels Venezuela’s most senior diplomat
- Dec 26, 2017: Libyan Pipeline Explosion
- Dec 28, 2017:U.S. spy satellites reportedly captured photos of Chinese ships illegally selling oil to North Korean boats some 30 times since October.
- Dec 29, 2017:South Korea said Friday that it was holding a Hong Kong-flagged ship and its crew members for allegedly violating U.N. sanctions by transferring oil to a North Korean vessel in October.
- Dec 29, 2017: Russia ‘has repeatedly supplied fuel to North Korea in violation of sanctions’
- Dec 29, 2017: Thousands of Iranian Protesters at the country’s regime
- Dec 29, 2017: Russia And Uzbekistan Sign Nuclear Energy Deal
- Dec 30, 2017: Israel has filed notice to withdraw from UNESCO
- Dec 30, 2017: South Korea seizes second ship suspected of providing oil to North Korea
- Dec 31, 2017: Trump: Iranian people are finally ‘getting wise’
- Updated Daily
The 2017 time line tracks global arm sales, nuclear plant deals, presidential moves, diplomacy in conflict, cyber security attacks, pipeline news and etc.